Tohoku University adopted assistant “Open-door” policy and still inviting the students from foreign countries for the applying
- University or Organization: MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Department: Graduate School of Science
- Course Level: Master/PhD/Master+PhD
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: by Post & Online
- Number of Awards: 8
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Start Date: 15 October 2019
- Deadline: 15 November 2019
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- For Master program: Persons who have successfully completed 16 years of education outside Japan or who are expected to do so.
- For PhD: Persons who have successfully obtained a degree equivalent to a master’s degree or a professional master’s degree at a university or college outside Japan or who are expected to do.
- Persons who are at least 22 years old for Master and 24 years old for PhD by the day before the admission date
- Those who were born on or after April 2, 1985
Departments (Programs Offered)
- Earth Scien
English Proficiency & Exemption
Applicants must be proficient in the English or Japanese language and meet one of the following conditions:
- Have obtained an English language proficiency test
score, i.e.IELTS, TOEFl. . etc
- Have been awarded or expect to be awarded by the time of Tokyo Tech enrollment an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution where all instruction was in English
How to Apply
Step 1: Find a potential supervisor among the faculty members in the field of your interest
Graduate of Science, Tohoku University
Academic Research Staff at Tohoku University
The website contains information on all faculty members of Tohoku University. Make sure to select “Graduate School of Science” in the “Affiliation” section when searching by keywords.
Step 2: Contact the faculty members directly via email and obtain their consent
Step 3: Register online via IGPAS Pre-Application Form.
Step 4: Prepare the required documents for the application
Step 5: Send your application to the IGPAS Admissions Office.
All documents should be enclosed together, sent via airmail, and received by the IGPAS Admissions Office by November 29, 2019 JSD.
*The IGPAS Admissions Office will email you to inform the arrival of the documents along with your application number.
Documents Required to be Submit to the Tohoku University, Japan are: Application Forms, Research Proposal, Checklist, Official Academic Transcript, Summary of Thesis or Research project (Abstract), English Proficiency Test or English Proficiency letter, Recommendation Letters, Consent of a Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty Member, Applicant’s Passport and Curriculum Vitae
Submission of Documents
IGPAS Admissions Office
Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University
6-3 Aramaki-Aza-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8578 JAPAN
As you Know MEXT is a Highly Paid Fully Funded Scholarship will cover your Registration, Tuition Fee, Monthly Stipend, Accommodation, Airfare, Health Insurance…etc