Tokyo Tech launched its International Graduate Program in October 2007 as an opportunity for qualified international students, who may have little or no knowledge of the Japanese language, to enroll in Tokyo Tech’s Master’s or Doctoral Programs and pursue an advanced degree in Japan.
With a diverse group of academic departments participating in this program, students should be able to find a department in which to further their research, acquire broader knowledge and understanding, and conduct advanced long-term research in a field that best matches their interests and background.
There is no Japanese language requirement for this program as lectures and seminars are held in English. However, students are given opportunities to attend Japanese language classes on a regular basis in order to better adapt to daily life in Japan.
- University or Organization: MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Department: Maximum
- Course Level: Master/PhD/Integrated Doctoral
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: by Post
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Tokyo, Japan
- Deadline: 10 December 2019
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- have successfully completed 16 years of education outside Japan
- For Integrated Doctoral or Master program: Persons who have successfully completed 16 years of education outside Japan or who are expected to do so by the day before the enrollment date.
- For PhD: Persons who have successfully obtained a degree equivalent to a master’s degree or a professional master’s degree at a university or college outside Japan or who are expected to do so by the day before the enrollment date.
- Persons who are at least 22 years old by the day before the admission date.
English or Japanese Proficiency & Exemption
Applicants must be proficient in the English or Japanese language and meet one of the following conditions:
- Have obtained an English language proficiency test score that is equivalent to CEFR level B2 or higher or have passed N2 or N1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) on or after November 29, 2017
- Have been awarded or expect to be awarded by the time of Tokyo Tech enrollment an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution where all instruction was in English or Japanese
- Possess a level of proficiency in either English or Japanese equivalent to that stated in (1) and be able to provide supporting evidence
How to Apply?
Step 1: Finding an Academic Supervisor: applicants must arrange for a Tokyo Tech faculty member to serve as an academic supervisor. Click Here to Find the professor
Step 2: After getting the Acceptance or Consent Letter form Related field Supervisor you will download the Application Forms and Fill them according to given Instructions.
Step 3: Send your complete Application to the International Student Division of Tokyo Institute of technology by Post and Electronically.
- Application Forms (Including, Checklist, Application form and Field of Study)
- Official Academic Transcript
- Summery of Thesis or Research project (Abstract)
- English Proficiency Test or English Proficiency letter
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean or equivalent official of the applicant’s home university addressed to the President of Tokyo Institute of Technology (free format, original, no photocopies)
- Evaluation Sheet with recommendation
- Consent of a Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty Member
- Applicant’s Passport
- Application Fee: JPY 30,000
Submission of Application Documents
The completed application documents must reach the Admissions Division no later than December 10, 2019 by registered mail, courier service or a similar service.
Student Service Department
TOKYO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
West Bldg. 8E 212, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550 JAPAN
As you Know MEXT is a Highly Paid Fully Funded Scholarship will cover your Registration, Tuition Fee, Monthly Stipend, Accommodation, Airfare, Health Insurance..