HEC has announced Opportunities for Pakistani Scholars to pursue PhD studies in Top US Universities under US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor from fall, 2017. In continuation of the US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor (Phase I), Higher Education Commission (HEC) will soon announce PhD scholarships for Pakistani scholars and non-PhD faculty to pursue
Under the US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor, HEC aims to send 10,000 Pakistani scholars to pursue doctoral studies in various subjects by 2025. In 2017, as many as 200 Pakistani scholars were sent to the US universities, while the target for the year 2019 is to send over 300 scholars.
- University or Organization: US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor PhD Scholarship
- Areas/Major: Maximum
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Pakistani
- The program can be taken in United State of America
- Application Deadline: Open for whole year
Field of Study
Pakistani citizens/nationals with strong academic histories, committed to returning and serving Pakistan are welcome to apply. Applicants are especially encouraged in the following fields, Arts and Humanities, Design & Media, Social Sciences, Engineering, Basic Sciences, Medical & Allied Health Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Science, Emerging Technologies, Water Resources, and Energy.
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates having an MS/M
.Phil. Degree (18 years of education) from HEC recognized universities
- Candidates with 4-
yearsbachelor’s degree (16 years of education), eligible for direct admission in Ph.D. programsat US Universities
- Age limit: maximum 40 years for regular faculty & researchers of public sector universities/R&D organizations, and 35 years for all others
- Has acquired valid & acceptable GRE & TOEFL scores required for admission in US Universities
- Scholars who have already secured admission or those enrolled in
PhD programin top 235 US Universities & 23 University Systems may also apply for scholarship
- Has an active commitment to serve universities/R&D organizations in Pakistan after the completion of studies.
How to apply
Applying to US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor PhD Scholarship:
You have two options/methods to Apply in US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor
1. Applying to HEC without a Support/Acceptance letter.
2. Applying to HEC with Supervisor Support/Acceptance letter.
If you are applying without support letter, start your process from step 2.
If you want to apply with support letter start it from step 1.
Remember, if you have supervisor/coordinator/director support letter, it will increase your chance of getting admitted (at the intended university) and scholarship (HEC-Pak).
A. Find a good University and your program from the list of 258 (listed on HEC website);
List of universities pdf: Click here
List of 4 universities with HEC agreement: Click Here
B. Email the
You will submit application to HEC minimum two months before the university deadline; therefore, the best strategy will be is to contact supervisor very early (5-12 months before the university deadline), and you should have supervisor letter during application submission to HEC.
If you don’t have GRE or TOEFL/IELTS currently, it is okay. You can appear for the required test after pre-screening.
A. Apply to HEC Pakistan through student online portal from your profile, Click Here with or without support letter from the university.