The Todai Fellowship provides financial support to international students of excellent academic achievement in their academic research in the doctoral courses of The University of Tokyo by granting a scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the “Todai Fellowship”) as well as promotes the admission of international students from various countries.
- University or Organization: The University of Tokyo
- Department: Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: JPY 200,000/month
- Access Mode: Email
- Number of Awards: Two awards are available
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Japan
- Application Deadline: The application will start from November 16, 2019, and will till November 26, 2019.
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of any nationality are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: You hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student” as prescribed in Appendix 1 of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Order No. 319 of October 4, 1951) as of their enrollment.
How to Apply
To Apply: The participants need to take admission in a Doctoral degree program of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences at the university first. After that, complete the following forms
- Application form
- Recommendation letter from your former supervisor
- Study Plan
- List of past achievements
- For submission, use a separate plain envelope. On the outside of the envelope write “Enclosed Todai Fellowship Application” and your last name. Then enclose the Fellowship application envelope in the designated official admission application envelope.
- Admission Requirements: You must hold a master’s degree in order to apply for a doctoral degree program.
- Language Requirement: Have sufficient proficiency in the English language.
Benefits: The duration of the award is three years and it will provide an amount of JPY 200,000/month to all successful candidates.