The Schlumberger Foundation: Faculty for the Future Fellowships is accepting new applications for the 2020–2021
The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue PhD/Postdoc research in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at leading universities worldwide.
Since its launch in 2004, 721 women from 80 developing and emerging countries have received Faculty for the Future fellowships to pursue PhD and Postdoc research in STEM in renowned universities outside of the home country. While all applications will be evaluated using the same criteria, applications would be particularly welcome from countries that are currently under-represented to enable a broad geographically spread which is an important factor in the overall mission of this grant program.
- University or Organization: The Schlumberger Foundation
- Areas/Major: STEM
- Course Level: PhD/Post-doc
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International/Developing Countries
- The program can be taken in Any country of the
- Application Deadline: 7
- Should be female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country.
youare preparing for PhD or postdoctoral studies in the physical sciences, engineering and related disciplines, Awards in biological sciences are limited to interdisciplinary research between physical and biological sciences. currentlyenrolled, have been admitted to or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where an individual has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich PhD it is essential that the final degree is awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., not from the home country university).
- If you did not have any offer letter then start your application now for getting enroll in Any university of world
havea proven track record of teaching experience. holdan excellent academic record..
How to Apply
Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year for a PhD and maximum of USD 40,000 per year for a Post-doc. Will be Renewed for next year
The selection process includes five rounds
- First Round: Is based on compliance with eligibility criteria such as country of origin, discipline and overall quality of the application.
- Second Round: The first shortlist is reviewed based on scoring of the following criteria:
academicperformance qualityof references scientificinterest of research proposal commitmentto teaching relevanceof research to home country commitmentto inspiring young woman to pusurestudies in the sciences qualityof host country university
- Third Round: The second shortlist is reviewed by the Schlumberger Foundation scientific committee with a focus on quality of research proposal, scientific interest and relevance to home country.
- Fourth Round: The final shortlist of candidates is interviewed by telephone by members of the Schlumberger Foundation Board of Directors and Executive Management.
- Final Round: Selection of grant recipients by Schlumberger Foundation Board of Directors.
Sana Majeed · August 16, 2019 at 8:40 AM
Is this scholarship for physics, biology and engineering not for veterinary sciences or any other degree?
Muhammad Usman · August 16, 2019 at 3:27 PM
No its only for STEM and some bilological fields