The Korean Government Scholarship Program for undergraduate degrees is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for Bachelor-level degrees, which in turn will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
Korean government invites 125 international students from 68 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS (former KGSP) grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
- University or Organization: Global Korea Scholarship (KGSP) 2020
- Department: Almost All ( Engineering & Science will Prefer)
- Course Level: Bachelor/Undergraduate
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 125
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Korea
- Deadline: it is expected to be around late September or early October.
Qualifications: Prospective applicants must meet all the following conditions.
- An applicant and his or her parents must be citizens of other than Korea
- An applicant must be under age 25 as of March 1, 2020 (Should be born after March, 1, 1995).
- An applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally.
- An applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate from a high school as of March 1, 2020
- Applicants who have proficiency in the Korean or English language will be given preference.
- Engineering and Science majors will be given preference.
- Applicants from low income families or underprivileged backgrounds will be given preference.
How to Apply
- Read the Complete Details and Instructions Carefully
- Then Download the application Form and Fill it according to given Instructions
- Attach your Required Documents and Send it to the Embassy Given Address for the
Required Documents: 1 set of the original documents below, and 3 sets of the photocopies of the original
- Completed Application Form
- NIIED Pledge
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Completed Self Medical Assessment
- Graduation Certificate of High School or Provisional Graduation Certificate
- Those who are expected to graduate by March 1, 2020 may submit a provisional graduation certificate of high school.
- High School Grade Transcript
- Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and Parents
- Awards (Optional)
- Applicants with certified scores on their proficiency in Korean or in English may be given preference. Some examples include the following:
- Proficiency in Korea: TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean)
- Proficiency in English: TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS Academic (TOEFL ITPs are not acceptable)
- Certificate of Health
- The certificate of health must be completed and signed by a doctor.
- Scholarship Period: March 1, 2020 ~ February 28, 2025 (1-year Language + 4-year Degree Program)
- Scholarship Benefits
- Monthly Stipend: 900,000 KRW per month
- Tuition And Registration
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
- Medical Insurance
Application Deadline: To be decided by the Korean Embassies
- For details on the application deadline and the submission of application documents, applicants should contact the Korean Embassy, the Korean Education Center, or the Korean Cultural Center in their home countries, or in the neighboring countries if there is no Korean diplomatic missions in one’s home country.