The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program applications are open for the year 2020. The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, The aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Location: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
- Cost: FREE (The program will cover the costs of international travel from select locations, board, lodging, and class materials. Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.)
- Application deadline: August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
To be Eligible for Round One:
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document* from a country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the United States (Note: any existing and official proof of nationality will suffice at this stage. Please refer to our extensive Frequently Asked Questions page for further details.)
- Must be the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenging financial circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
Successful candidates from Round One will be invited to apply to Round Two of the Crossroads Program, the in-person experience held in Dubai and delivered by Harvard professors.
To be Considered for Round Two
- Must submit a PDF copy of their existing and valid passport from their home country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America, with at least 7 months validity as of March 25, 2020 until the expiration date. (Note: USA nationals are not eligible for the in-person segment of the Crossroads Program held in Dubai)
- Must reside in or be able to travel to an Air Arabia destination city at their own expense. A full list of Air Arabia destination cities can be found here.
- Must be facing or have faced challenging financial circumstances.
- Must not have studied, worked or travelled beyond their region unless to a developing country.
- Must submit an updated one-page resume (PDF file format).
- Must submit an official or unofficial academic transcript showing the candidate’s grades (PDF file format).
- Must submit a personal statement of 600 words or less describing their interest in pursuing this program. This statement must be in English, double-spaced, in 12-point size font and saved in PDF format.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation uploaded directly into the online application form. Letters should offer insight into the student’s academic achievements and their ability to take on challenges. All recommendation letters must be in English and saved in PDF format. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more details.
- Must submit a recent passport photo (dimensions: 2 x 2 inches / 51mm x 51mm) with a white background to expedite UAE visa processing if the student is selected for the Dubai sessions (Note: visa processing fees and any associated costs are the responsibility of candidates)