India S&T Collaboration started formally in 1996 with
- Organization: ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF)
- University: Universities or Research institutions of India
- Areas/Major: All Programs (Maximum)
- Course Level: Research training Program
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 50 (5 for each Country)
- Nationality: ASEAN Member Countries
- The program can be taken in India
- Application Deadlines; 30 June & 31 December each year.
Students from ASEAN member countries who are willing to apply for the India R & D Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) must fulfill the following eligibility criteria;
- Applicants should be from ASEAN member Countries or State.
- Students should have the at least master’s degree with maximum age limit of 45 years.
- Applicants should be enrolled or studying or working in any national Research and Development or academic institutions in their own country.
- Students should be able to demonstrate the fluency in English Language
Objectives of this ASEAN India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF)
The aim or main objectives of the AIRTF Scholarship or fellowship for ASEAN Member States are;
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them
opportunityto work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- And to facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
As a spin-off, the Fellowship awardees may also have opportunity to get co-supervisors from India for their research projects for Ph.D. or Master’s degree on their return to their home countries.
Research Areas or Fields eligible for ASEAN Fellowship
Students, Researchers, Scientists from ASEAM Member Countries or State can apply for any research areas from Natural Sciences, Engineering & technology, Medical and many others by following areas;
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialization
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
How to Apply
Interested and Eligible Candidates are encouraged to apply for the ASEAN fellowship, ASEAN India Research Training Fellowship or ASEAN India R & D Fellowship by following steps;
For this Research and Development Training Fellowship in India applicants need to get the consent or acceptance letter from one of the Indian Research & Development Institutions or Scientist or researchers who are working in the same research areas.
Please contact with any Indian Research Institutions or Researchers/Scientist of India.
After getting the invitation or consent letter from India Research & Development ( R & D), Researchers or Scientist, Applicants must submit an online application for ASEAN Fellowship in India
Applicants would have to submit their documents in scan form on online application portal
- Applicant`s CV
- Indian Host`s (Researcher, Scientist, R& D) CV
- Copy of Passport
- Endorsement letter from present employer (Download the format)
- Acceptance letter or Consent Letter (Download the Format)
ASEAN India fellowship Program of Research training Program is a Fully Funded Scholarships or Fellowships for Researchers from ASEAN member States which will cover; International Travel (Airfare), Visa, Medical Insurance, 50000 INR for Accommodation, Meals and other