Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program scholarships, funded by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, give secondary school students in 39 countries an opportunity to study at American high schools and live with American host families for one academic year. The YES scholarship Program is implemented by a consortium of organizations lead by American Councils.
Students are enrolled in a full academic year of high school study in the US, attending classes, labs and extracurricular activities with their American classmates. YES students also participate in special enrichment activities, including community service, youth leadership training, a civic education program and other activities that develop a well-rounded understanding of American culture through interaction with diverse groups of Americans.
- University or Organization: Youth Exchange and Study program (US)
- Department: Maximum
- Course Level: Metric/O Level
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Expected 100
- Nationality: Pakistani
- The award can be taken in United State
- Deadline: Open till 25 September
Pakistani citizenwho reside in Pakistan.
- Secondary school students in their home country (Pakistan) who
arecurrently (Academic year 2019-20) enrolled in 9 th or10 th gradeor ‘O’ Levelsstudents. (Note for O’ Level Students: Only O’ Level 9 th gradeor O’ Level 10 th gradestudents are eligible to apply. O’ Level 11 th gradersare not eligible)
- Minimum 15 years of age and not older than 17 years on August 1, 2020.
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last class attended; overall minimum average 60% marks for the past three years.
(Students with a gap year or a repeated year are not eligible.)
- Can communicate in English. Minimum 60% marks in English exam during the past three years (2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19).
- Have not traveled to the United States.
How to Apply
- Students who fulfill the Selection Criteria and agree to the Parent Student Agreement and General Program Rules can apply for the scholarship. They can download the Preliminary Applications from Click Here, or photocopy and courier the filled applications with required documents to SIE office. Female students, students with physical disabilities and students from non-elite and government schools who meet the criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The participating schools/organizations must collect fully completed Preliminary Applications with all required documents from students and courier them to the SIE Office.
- Students who are eligible according to the Selection Criteria but their schools are not interested in forwarding the YES Preliminary Applications can courier their applications independently.
88-H, P.E.C.H.S, Block-6, Karachi-75400, Sindh, Pakistan.
- After initial Preliminary Application screening, short listed applicants will be notified for YES Orientation and Entry Test through letters and/or e-mails to their addresses mentioned in the Preliminary Applications. (SIE is not responsible for wrong / incomplete or change in addresses.)
- Students who pass the Entry Test will be notified via letters for appearing in interview and group activity.
- Students will be required to fill up YES Final Application (attached with the letter) and appear in Interviews. (Students are required to appear on the interview day with completely filled YES Final Application along with required documents.)
- Short listed students after the interviews will be required to take a standardized English language test for international students.
- Final selection of students will be based on Entry Test, Interviews and neatly filled completed YES Final Application with all required documents.
- The finalists will be notified by a letter and Scholarship Acceptance form from the YES program office.
- Keep checking the announcement section of YES website or Facebook page for updates and information.
The program is fully sponsored and the scholarship covers all major costs like Airfare, US Visa Fee, boarding and lodging in the U.S.A., School Tuition and a $125 a month stipend.