EPOS is short for “Entwicklungsbezogene Postgraduierten Studiengänge” (development-related postgraduate courses). Since 1987 the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funds a number of scholarships for students from developing countries who would like to study in Germany in development-related subjects. For more information on the overall program, please click here.
The master’s degree programme “Sustainable Development Management” is part of EPOS and can therefore award a number of scholarships to students from developing countries every year.
- University or Organization: German Academic Exchange Service
- Course Level: Postgraduate degree
- Award: Educational fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Deadline: 1st October 2019
arefrom developing countries, click here for the list of eligible countries havea first qualifying degree in either social sciences, economics or industrial engineering (or an interdisciplinary programcovering these fields) with an excellent grade point average compriseof at least two years of relevant professional experience arefluent in both written and spoken English haveproven, development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings
Women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for programme admission
How to Apply
For receiving this educational bursary, seekers are enforced to be enrolled in the master’s degree coursework at a selected university in Germany. After taking affirmation, aspirants will receive an application number for further communication with the university.
Required Documents for a DAAD scholarship application
(in the following order):
- HSRW application form, you can download the form here
- DAAD application form
- Hand-signed CV (please use the sample europass form
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation, two pages maximum)
- Academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of employment from the employer in the home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – only IELTS or TOEFL are eligible (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.)
- IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
- Copies of Academic Degrees
- Copies of Academic Transcripts
- If available, module handbook
- Copy of school leaving certificate
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China and from Vietnam must submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
The studentship will provide the educational fund for your studies.