BoostUrCAreer project aims at implementing at Université Côte d’Azur and with the support from the European Commission and the Conseil Region Sud-Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur a multidisciplinary doctoral programme in e-health.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPENED FROM JUNE 12th 2019 until AUGUST 12th, 2019
Why should you apply?
A unique programme relying on the 3 “I” principle: interdisciplinary, intersectoral and international to guarantee scientific excellence and professional development
Early-stage researchers involved in the BoostUrCAreer doctoral programme are offered to obtain a degree substantiated by an actual development and broadening of their research competences. The doctoral students will be provided with :
- an excellent research environment composed of top institutions ;
- attractive and selective working conditions. The BoostUrCAreer students will design their curriculum in collaboration with their supervisors, including the host organisations for their academic secondment. Their career plan will be assessed yearly by the students themselves, academics and mentors ;
- interdisciplinary research options. Each doctoral project will be interdisciplinary as it will require two supervisors from two research fields. The common training for all students will foster opportunities for more cross-fertilisation between students and disciplines ;
- exposure to non-academic employment sectors. Thanks to the mentoring programme and the classes taught by non-academics, the BoostUrCAreer students will be highly and regularly exposed to the industry and other relevant employment sectors ;
- international networking. With two supervisors, each BoostUrCAreer student will have access to two research networks. They will also have a dedicated budget for participating to conferences and for the academic secondment, which must be abroad ;
- training on transferable skills. The modules of the BoostUrCAreer common training focuses only on transferable skills (ethics, management, entrepreneurship, intellectual property rights (IPR), communication to name a few) ;
- high-quality supervision and mentoring schemes. To secure enough time available for the students, no BoostUrCAreer supervisor will have more than two PhD students (full time) to supervise each year. The mentor scheme will provide the students with an individual, personalised, and regular follow-up of their career plans ;
- support for the possible commercialisation of doctoral research work, and will use the alumni network as much as possible ;
- provision to participate or organise events to disseminate and communicate their results.
while providing excellent working conditions to attract high achieving applicants
The programme will also provide excellent working conditions to the ESRs:
- Attractive salary of 2709,00 € (gross salary) per month, as well as, different allowances (between 815 and 1215 euros per month) ;
- A legal working time is 37 hours per week, with a daily working duration that does not exceed 10 hours ;
- Subsidized lunches and monthly pass for public transportation ;
- A total amount of yearly vacations of 45 days ;
- Paid sick leaves ;
- Parental leaves following the birth/adoption of a child ;
- Sick and parental leaves add up to the 42-month duration of the contract ;
- In addition to their income, the doctoral candidates who have family obligations will receive an extra family allowance of €400 per month. Furthermore, they will benefit for each child of a monthly financial help from the French social security (calculations based on the household income and on the number of children under the age of 20) ;
How to apply?
Deadline to submit: 12/08/2019 à 05:00 PM UTC+1 (CET)
- Identify the PhD topic you wish to apply too from the list above
- Read carefully the Applicant guide
- Download and fill out the Application form collecting personal information (name, address, country of residence, place(s) of activity/place(s) of residence in the 5 years previous to the deadline), basic, synthetic and factual details on your training and skills, on their academic and non-academic experience, on the envisioned supervising team, host laboratory and research project.
- Create your online CRU account to get access to the online application portal
- Connect to your CRU account and upload all requested documents
- Submit your application
Don’t forget to upload all the requested documents :
- a cover letter describing your motivations and professional project
- a curriculum vitae
- an abstract for the project you are applying for
- grade transcripts for your Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees
- Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas
- Scientific production (if any)
- Contact information of 2 references
** All documents must be sent in English or an English translation has to be provided.
All the documents required in the checklist must be submitted, otherwise, the file is considered incomplete and your application will be rejected.