The United State Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) Invites applications for the 2020 Fulbright Scholar Program. Approximately 15 Scholars will be Selected for 2020. Of these, 13 slots are for faculty and the researchers in the early stage of their research careers (2-7 years). Two Slots are for Senior Scholars (8-15 year) from the completion of their PhD or Terminal Degree.
The Fulbright Scholar Program funds up to 12 months of lectureship, post-doctoral research, or a combination of the two at a U.S. college or university with one fully covered dependent. Persons selected are expected to share information about Pakistani society and culture with students, colleagues and community groups in the U.S. On returning to Pakistan, Fulbright scholars are expected to make a significant contribution to Pakistan’s development and share their U.S. experiences with students, colleagues and community groups in Pakistan. The grant funds airfare, an incidental research allowance, a living stipend and health insurance. USEFP will assist with visa application process.
- University or Organization: (USEFP) Fulbright Scholar Program 2020
- Department: Almost All
- Course Level: PhD/Researcher/Postdoc/Terminal Degree
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 15
- Nationality: Pakistani
- The program can be taken in United State
- Application Deadline: 9
- Scholars, professionals and artists from all disciplines are welcome to apply, except for clinical medicine.
- Every applicant must either hold Ph.D. or terminal degree in his/her field. Applicants must have held their degree for at least two years
- Successful candidates will have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- They will have a clear and well-formulated proposal about what they would like to accomplish in the U.S. and how it relates to their work in Pakistan. The proposal is the most important single portion of the application.
- People applying for the lectureship must have demonstrated ability to teach in a university setting.
- Pakistani Citizens with strong academic’s histories, residing and working in Pakistan.
- Woman, people with disabilities and Individual from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (FATA), AJK, Gilgit-Baltistan, Baluchistan, Northern Sindh and Southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply
- Persons who have completed their Ph.D. within the last two years or who have been to the U.S. for research or other long-term educational opportunities within the last five years.
- Persons with a dual U.S./Pakistan nationality or who have a spouse, fiancé, parent or child over 18 year of age who is U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees and dependents of USEFP, or the U.S. Department of State.
- Persons already studying in the U.S. or on a work/residence visa in any country.
How to Apply
- Only Online application will be accepted
- For Application form and Other Details Click Here
- Paper Application will not be Entertained
The grants funds airfare, an incidental research allowance, a living stipend and health insurance. The program also funds one accompanying dependent. USEFP will assist with visa application process.