Scotland Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girlsfunds graduate studies for Pakistani women in any HEC recognized university across Pakistan. Funded by the Scottish Government, these grants aim to make higher education more accessible to women, supporting them in achieving their potential and ambition.
For the very first time this year, Scotland, Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls is being offered at undergraduate level for a four-year bachelor’s degree and Master’s level funds a maximum two-year master’s degree as well.
The British Council will administer the scheme in Pakistan and coordinate with selected scholars and universities either directly or through nominated university focal persons.
Scotland Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls will facilitate award-holders with the following:
- Tuition fees for courses in eligible fields
- University hostel costs (where applicable)
- Travel to and from home to university two times a year for students staying in on-campus hostels
The scholarship will cover a four-year bachelor’s degree at an HEC-recognised Pakistani university in one of the following subject areas only:
- Sustainable Energy
- Food Security and Agriculture
- Health Sciences
These scholarships are open to female applicants only. In addition, applicants must:
- Be Pakistani nationals currently residing in Pakistan
- Be pursuing a four-year bachelor’s degree in the above listed subject areas
- Be pursuing a two year master’s degree in the above listed subject areas
- Hold a confirmed admission offer from an HEC recognised public university in Pakistan
Young women with disabilities, from rural areas and/or minority groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
A complete application will include:
- A duly filled out application form
- Scanned copy of CNIC
- Scanned copy of transcripts
- Proof of admission and/or enrolment at bachelor’s level
- Tuition fee form
Applications for the Scotland, Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls Bachelor’s and Master`s programs are now open.
Last date to submit the application is 30 August 2019.
Applying Online: The online application form can be filled and submitted on the official British Council website, at the link:
Watch Complete Video till Form Submission
Applying via Courier: Application forms can also be downloaded from the Downloads section below. Completed applications should be sent via courier to the British Council Islamabad office at the following address: