The MIS is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s efforts to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad
- University or Organization: Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
- Department: Maximum
- Course Level: Master/PhD
- Award: Full Scholarship
(Tuition free & Stipend)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Malaysia
- Deadline: 15 March 2020
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2020, applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Must be from Ineternational Countries Please see the list below of eligible countries
- Not be more than 40 years (Master) and 45 years (Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
Eligible Countries for Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) 2020
Students from the following countries are eligible to apply for the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) 2020 for the Academic Year of 2020
- Brunei Darussalam
- Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
Programs or Fields Offered in (MIS)
- Science and Engineering.
- Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Economics and Islamic Finance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
Biosecurityand Food Safety.
- Infrastructure and Utility.
- Environmental Studies.
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
How to Apply
Interested and Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) 2020 through its Online Application Portal;
Documents required for Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) 2020 for International students to upload in scan form which are
- Copy of Passport
- Educational Documents
- Academic Resume/Cover Letter
- Research proposal
- Admission offer letter from Malaysian University ( if Applicable)
- Two Recommendation letters
- Language Proof
- Other additional documents ( if Applicable)
Each scholarship consists of:
- An approved tuition fees.
- Monthly maintenance allowance RM. 1500.00 Per Month.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language