The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study and supports talented students from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
- Eligible Nationalities: Domestic and International Student
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
Applications Must Include
- 500-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference must be from an academic advisor
Applications will be accepted from pupils with research related
to one of the following areas:
Applied Statistics, AR/VR Photonics and Optics, CommAI, Computational Social Science, Computer Vision, Computer Storage and Efficiency, Distributed Systems, Economics and Computation, Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Networking and Connectivity, Programming Languages, Security/Privacy, Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification and UX/Instagram
How to Apply
You will submit your Application for the Facebook Fellowship Program online
Winners of the award are entitled to receive two years of
tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in
conference travel support.
Facebook Fellowship Award Includes
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit