The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Programs open the doors for national /International Students to Pursue their Higher studies in Top ranked of Canadian Institutions on Fully Funded Scholarships with the every Health research Natural sciences and/or Engineering Research, Social Sciences and/or Humanities Research applications.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- Develop their leadership potential
Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- University or Organization: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Areas/Major: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering research, Social sciences and/or humanities research
- Course Level: Postdoc
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 70
- Nationality: Canadian/International
- The program can be taken in Canada
- Application Deadline: 18
Areas of research
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Scope and Distributions
70 fellowships are awarded annually ,approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
For a list of eligible health professions, please see CIHR’s webpage.
Applicants to the 2019-20 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- Between September 15, 2016 and September 30, 2020 (inclusively), and
Before the start date of their award.
Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2020.
For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
Host institution eligibility
Institutions eligible to host a Banting Fellow include Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.
Canadian governments (federal, provincial, municipal) and all for-profit organizations are not eligible to participate as host institutions.
Questions regarding institutional eligibility should be directed to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat well in advance of the submission deadline.
Award and Duration
$70,000 per year (taxable)
2 years (non-renewable)
How to Apply
1) You have to apply in Canadian Universities
2) Every university has its own deadline, so you have to check with universities individually, in which you are applying
3) You can apply to one university only for Banting.
3) University will evaluate your profile and nominate you for Banting Candidate of it and will recommend you to Banting postdoctoral fellowships
4) The Banting will make the final selection
How to Complete a Banting Fellowships application
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact your desired host institution
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application
- Start a ResearchNet application
- Identify area of research
- Identify participants
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Preview application materials
- Consent and submit application
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards
Click Here to Apply and Official Announcement
Click Here for Vanier Graduate Scholarship Canada 2019-2020