UNIL’s Faculty of Biology and Medicine has a recently launched a doctoral programme entitled “Quantitative Biology”. A wide range of research groups are recruiting PhD students, covering areas as diverse as evolution, synthetic biology, plant science, cancer genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, neuroscience, biological imaging, and computational biology.
- University or Organization: University of Lausanne
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 15
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Deadline: 15 October 2019
We are accepting applications from talented and enthusiastic candidates who are interested in a dynamic, well-supported lab at a top research institution. Candidates need to finish a Master’s degree in a relevant area before the start date of their doctoral studies.
We are looking for three main types of PhD students:
- Students with a life science degree, interested in working in an experimental lab, but with a high degree of motivation to learn the fundamentals of computational biology, and to develop quantitative skills to analyze data more effectively
- Students with a life science degree interested in working in a dry computational lab, keen to deepen their quantitative skills and broaden their horizon in terms of experimental and computational techniques
- Students with a non-biological background (e.g. computer science, maths, physics), who are highly motivated to transition to Life Sciences
How to Apply
Please, send your full application in Word or PDF through the form linked below.
It should contain:
- Motivation letter (max. one page)
- Curriculum vitae including, if available, extracurricular activities, internships, publications, conferences, awards, software contributions, etc.
- Master’s thesis summary (max. one page)
- The names and contact details of 2-3 referees
Lab visits and interviews will take place on 3-4 December 2019 in Lausanne.
The university covers full tuition fee plus a monthly stipend to